Sunday, September 12, 2010

Mary's Famous Lemon Cupcake!!

So I made these during the summer a few times, and they are absolutely to-die-for!!!!!  As soon as the frosting graces your palate you are instantly in heaven!!!!!  The cupcake itself is so moist and full of flavor!!  The fresh zests and juices from both the lemon and limes make it so fresh and delicious!  As you can tell I am absolutely head over heal for these cupcakes.  Every time I bite into one of these tears come to my eyes.  If you want to experience true ecstasy you need to make these, or you can always call me up and I would be more than happy to make them!!!!!!


Lemon Cupcakes
1/2 cup of unsalted butter-room temp
3/4 cup of sugar
2 eggs
1 grated lemon rind/zest-use juice from whole lemon
1 grated lime rind/zest-use juice from whole lime
1 tsp pure lemon extract1 1/2- 1 3/4 cups of all-purposed flour (it really depends how juicy the citrus is)
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
3/4 cup of milk
Preheat the oven to 350. In large bowl, beat butter with granulated sugar until fluffy.  Add in eggs, 1 at a time. Then add in lemon and lime rinds/zests , lemon juice, lime juice and lemon extract. In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.  Mix into butter mixture alternately with milk.  Spoon into cupcake liners or cups.  Bake the cupcakes for 20 to 25 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.  Let them cool for an hour before frosting.
Frosting

1 stick of butter-room temp
8 oz. cream cheese-room temp
8 oz. white chocolate chips-heated until smooth
3-4 cups of confectioner's sugar
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon pure lemon extract
1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
1 whole lemon zested
Using a mixer, beat the butter and cream cheese until it is nice and fluffy. Add in the white chocolate, confectioner's sugar and vanilla, continue to mix till smooth. Wash the lemon and using a zester, zest the whole lemon and add to mixture.  Add the lemon juice with the mixture and whip it good. If you want, tint the frosting lemon yellow!
I mean look at these beauties!  I just want to dive my teeth into these!!!  I usually decorate the top with a lemon rind that I have candied!  

Also, another tip to why these are so good is that I fill the center with lemon curd (stonewall kitchen)!  It adds so much more flavor and keep them extra moist.  Also, it adds a fun surprise!!!!!!!!

And seriously I will make them for anyone, anytime!!!!!!!!
Godere,
Mary Proulx




    2 comments:

    1. OMG those look sooooooooooo good!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Anyone, anytime? Lemon is the favorite in our house...I think we need some of those asap!!!!! Miss you guys!

      ReplyDelete